435 East 238th StreetBronx, NY 10470718 515 8627Jack Hart, DirectorHours: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.Monday through Saturday
See below for donation guidelines and information on volunteering.
Read about us in the Episcopal New Yorker.
THINGS WE CAN USE:
- Clothing, shoes, and other accessories in wearable condition (no
spots, stains, tears, pilling, missing buttons, or defective zippers).
Underwear, bras, and swimsuits only if new in original packaging or
with original tags attached.
- Linens in good condition (no spots, stains, tears, or pilling).
- Baby furniture, strollers, car seats, and toys that are clean,
complete, working (if mechanical), and in good condition. Fabric parts
should be clean.
- Housewares, dishes, and bric-a-brac that are clean and in good condition.
- Lamps, clocks, and other small appliances that are clean and in working order.
- Books in good condition. (No textbooks or encyclopedia sets please.)
THINGS WE CAN'T USE:
- Bed frames
- Large pieces of furniture
- Upholstered furniture of any size
- Mattresses and bed pillows
- Barbells and other exercise equipment
- Bicycles with flat tires, rust, or other signs of wear or damage
- Bowling balls, rollerskates/blades, ice skates
- Computers, typewriters, stereo equipment, televisions larger than 12"
- Air conditioners
- Microwaves and toaster ovens
- Humidifiers, vaporizers, foot massagers
- Hair dryers, blow dryers, curling irons, electric shavers
- Copied videos, copied cassettes, 8-track tapes
- LPs and videos in damaged condition or with missing covers
- Florist vases
We will gladly accept out-of-season items, which will be stored for future use.
The Thrift Shop needs and welcomes volunteers, who are honored at an annual high tea. For more information about volunteering call Thrift Shop director Jack Hart at (718) 515-8627.